Tuesday, April 13, 2010

38 weeks!!!

So we are now at 38 weeks...Lizzy weights in at around 7-8 pounds....and 20 inches long...Although it feels like shes more like 15 pounds!

She is perfectly healthy and able to be born anytime...but she is perfectly cozy in there and doesn't seem to want to come out! My Mother In Law's birthday is tom...maybe labor will start today and she will be born tom!...One can only hope! Every time I woke up last night I hoped and prayed that as I stood up my water would break...no such luck!

I thought it was possible that my water broke yesterday so I called the midwife and they send me into the hospital. (Did I mention I HAD to clean my house before going in) This isn't standard procedure but because of my positive Strep B test they need to immediately check out everything. I went in and got some "fun" tests done, and they decided that my water had not broken and sent me home. I did get some information, I am currently 1 cm dilated and my cervix is thinning out nicely. I am having little contractions and my blood pressure is still perfect which is great news. So while I would prefer for my labor to start and my water to break and for her to be born...at least something is going on down there :)

At the moment I am just fed up...i am sure the same feeling most moms get right before they deliver. I am swollen to the point that it looks like im a marshmallow...and my body aches all the time...but since there isn't much I can do at this point..I'll stop complaining...lol...

I have also realized that during this whole pregnancy I have been on this huge kick about natural delivery...no drugs...no medical intervention unless necessary...but as we get closer and closer to my due date and still no baby...I am realizing that I don't really care anymore about HOW she comes out...just that she does indeed come out and soon...funny how when circumstances change...so do priorities!

So that's it for now i suppose..have a midwife apt. on Thursday but im truly hoping that I'm in the hospital for that...anybody think it's weird that I view labor and delivery a break from normal life..maybe I'm just really weird???

No comments:

Post a Comment