Thursday, January 21, 2010

Child birthing classes

So all the child birthing classes are scheduled...
Birthing Class
Breastfeeding class
Child care class
CPR class
and a dad's class for Jimmy...
did I mention the baby massage class for after Lizzy is born!!

Makes me wonder what people did when there wasn't so many classes to teach parents. Did they just guess...get advise from their parents or maybe parenting instincts. Is it possible that when we didn't have so many resources that parents had the smarts to know how to perform basic skills such as changing a babies diaper?? I have no idea but I do know that it is entirely possible to know too much...I have read books, read things on the internet both "facts" and opinions, taken classes, gotten advice from relatives, friends and strangers, and frankly I still don't have a clue.

I know basic care but I didn't realize how frustrating trying to find a child safe house is, or how aggravating it is to choose between going back to school, going to work or staying home with Lizzy. It fries my brain even thinking about the possibility of Daycare and where she would go, who is safe enough, who is kind enough, who do i approve of??? Getting into finances is a taboo subject at the moment that I seriously don't have the brain activity to deal with!!!

Good news is that while my Brain is no longer functioning, I still have the ability to cook..and cook i do!!!I have made cookies, cakes, soups, extravagant dinners and deserts. It seems that while I have shut down, I find it soothing to make something I know people will love to eat.
Cleaning is a pain but I can't seem to stop myself. I need the dishes done, and the floor moped and the carpet vacuumed, it seems to be that the nesting instinct is in full function!!

No comments:

Post a Comment