Tuesday, February 2, 2010

28 weeks

So I am officially in my 3rd Trimester today....only 12 or so weeks to go!!!

In this 12 week period we will be moving, having a baby shower at some point, decorating the nursery, taking 5 classes that are suppose to help us understand birth and baby, and finishing up getting things for the baby!!
Sound crazy...cause it is...we are crazy people who thought they knew what they were getting into and found themselves completely caught unaware.

I had a startling realization this morning as i was talking to my mother about breast feeding and sleeping habits, that while i have educated myself for the pregnancy and the birth and have everything planned out, I have everything ready for her....I never really thought about bringing her home!!! I realize that I would have to bring her home, but never really thought about what that would be like. Gave myself a little shock to think about it this morning!!!

Its completely scary to think in 12 short weeks We will be bringing home out little Lizzy and she has to stay with us....we have to take care of her...we have to keep her safe and healthy for the rest of her life...

While some people would say..well of course You need to do these things...unless you have done it...you can't possibly understand the panic that went through me while I thought about it!!!

So while I am so very excited still...and I can't wait to meet her...I do think it's going to take a bit to settle my nerves...maybe they will calm down after she is born and we are safely home!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment